School of Animation and Design
The School of Animation and Design was a new Hagley initiative in 2015 and it is already extremely popular! It is an exciting and innovative course for students wanting to immerse themselves in a creative environment.
The Hagley School of Animation and Digital Design provides a unique opportunity in a state-of-the-art digital lab, with flexible options so you can tailor the course to your requirements and get to where you want to be.
Level 2 students may apply in exceptional circumstances. UE literacy or other components needed for UE are available.
Check out McGregor’s showreel from his 2015 NCEA submission
Students will cover…
- 3D modelling
- Creature design
- Create an animation short
- Digital painting and illustration skills
- Character design development
- Mech design
- Graphic design skills
- Type and image sequence design
- Compositing with matte paintings
- Prepare your own demo reel
- Camera skills
- Studio lighting
- Photographic compositing
- Clay maquettes
- Creature fabrication
- Digital sculpting and 3D printing
- Motion capture
- Create assets for video games and AR/VR
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Andy Johnson - Programme Leader