Certificate of Uni Preparation (CUP)
Missed UE by 10 or more credits? Been out of study for some time? Hagley's collaboration with the University of Canterbury can help you get in to tertiary study.
Certificate in University Preparation (CUP)
Hagley is a partner with the University of Canterbury (UC@Hagley) to co-deliver this programme. CUP is a full time, intensive 13-week course delivered 2 days a week at Hagley and 3 days at UC. It will help you develop the academic communication, study and subject skills necessary for success at university. Successful achievement of this course gives you entry to university through the Certificate in University Preparation pathway.
CUP is for adolescent and adult students who are NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- Have recently finished or are finishing a Level 3 NCEA programme but have not yet completed University Entrance requirements.
- Have had a gap year after not gaining University Entrance requirements
- Have been out of study for a number of years and want to refresh your study skills.
The next intake runs:
- June 26 to October 22 (preparing for university entry in Semester 1, 2018).
- There is also a Semester 3 option run entirely at UC from November to January.
- The semester 1 course runs from mid February to mid-June (preparing for university entry in Semester 2, 2018).
To enrol in CUP:
Enrolments in the full CUP certificate are through the university. Please contact the Hagley Transitions Team for further information.
Please note the university fees apply for this full-time course.