Early Childhood Education
Are you interested in working with children, nannying, getting a degree or working in an early childhood centre?
This one year course not only allows an opportunity to get ahead without the costs but incorporates gaining University Entrance and a National Certificate. This course is unique in this aspect.
Part-time courses are also offered for students with children, work or other commitments.
Experience a supervised practicum one day a week at two selected early childhood centres putting theory into practice. Hagley offers a very low cost opportunity to gain these qualifications where we believe the cost should not become a barrier to your education.
- Examine and work with the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum Te Whaariki
- Research and present theories and models of child development and learning
- Build on professional practice, effective communication, working in partnerships and discussions on ethical behaviours
- Explore protocols and roles associated with cultural diversity
- Study the value of play for children in learning
- Analyse and research historical events and people that are significant to early childhood educators and New Zealanders
- Provide nutritious food for children and research ethical dilemmas