Hagley Dance Project
The Hagley Dance Project is a part-time dance course aimed at students wishing to take their dance training to the next level and prepare for tertiary study. The course focuses on a variety of contemporary dance techniques, choreography and performance.
Performance and Industry Opportunities
• Real life performance: Hagley specific seasons, private events, functions and collaborative works
• Choreographic: design and perform your own works
• Teaching: take workshops and performances to like-minded students
Technique and practical study
• Contemporary dance along with a range of classes that may include Ballet Jazz, Hip Hop, Improvisation, Pilates, Yoga, Anatomy, Circus skills and Nutrition.
• Gain skills and practical experience working with specialist guest tutors
• Explore your own choreographic style with opportunities to present your ideas to public audiences.
7 Great Reasons to join the Hagley Dance Project
- To transition towards a university degree or other tertiary study
- Extend your dance technique and body knowledge
- Discover a post-secondary learning environment whilst developing technique
- Build connections within the dance industry
- Develop choreographic skills
- Increase flexibility, fitness and strength
- Work on projects with leading tutors and practitioners
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Naressa Gamble - Director Hagley Dance Project