Sports & Recreation
Are you looking for ways to understand and improve your sporting performance? Are you interested in pursuing a sports related career?
This course is designed for students who are interested in folowing a sports related pathway.
Students will study in a sports themed programme and gain Level 2 credits. Students will also choose 2 other subjects that they are interested in with the aim of achieving NCEA Level 2 certificate.
In Sports and Recreation course, you’ll explore:
- High intensity, competitive situations
- Range of methods of training including understanding of and participation in resistance, circuit, interval flexibility and continuous training
- Team and individual based activities
- Injury prevention and management – stretching, strapping, protective clothing
- Sports nutrition, supplements
- Technology and analysis of technique
- Introduction to anatomy and biomechanics
- Fitness testing