Year 9 Enrolment 23
Enrolments for Year 9 2023 are now closed and there are no further places available at this time.
If you would like to express your interest, so you can be contacted should further Year 9 places become available for 2023, please download and fill in this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in enrolling into Year 9 at Hagley College for 2023.
1. Completed enrolment applications must be received by the College before the closing date.
We also ask you to provide us with the following attachments as part of the enrolment
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport
- Their most recent school report
- A statement supporting your application written by another person (this could be from a sports coach, church group leader, family friend, teacher, etc and is helpful in determining if the student meets our Designated Character School Criteria).
Providing these documents will strengthen your application. Please note that not supplying them may cause delays.
2. Our Enrolment Committee will look at your application and decide whether you meet our Designated Character School Criteria. Depending on enrolment numbers, we may need to have a ballot to allocate places. If this is necessary, the ballot will be drawn on Monday 1 August 2022.
3. Acceptance notifications will be sent out by 5 August 2022. You will receive a letter confirming if you have been accepted and we will ask you to return an acceptance slip.
4. We will contact you about the next steps in your enrolment. This will include an enrolment interview where you will have a chance to discuss your child’s learning, and for us to get to know one another ahead of next year.
5. If you have been accepted into the Junior College we hold an Orientation in November for all new Year 9 students and their parents/caregivers. You will meet your form tutor and classmates, and learn about the Junior College ready for next year.
DESIGNATED CHARACTER CRITERIA:
Places will only be offered to those applicants who meet or have the potential to meet, the designated character requirements. On offer of enrolment, the applicant family is required to sign the ‘Confirmation of Enrolment’ form to confirm their acceptance, and affirm their understanding and support of the College’s designated character.
Te Puna Wai o Waipapa – Hagley College is a Designated Character School
Click here to see more information
Te Puna Wai o Waipapa – Hagley College has a priority enrolment process
Click here to see more information (page 2)
Click here for the 10 Key points about Hagley
CLASS SET UP:
5 x Year 9 classes
- Approx 25 students per class
There are a maximum of 125 places available in Year 9 for 2023.
Places are extremely limited for special/learning support programmes – our Junior Targeted Learning class is very small and spaces for new students are limited to 2-3 places per year.