Te Taura Here o Ōtautahi kāhui ako
Ko wai mātou – who we are
Te Taura Here o Ōtautahi kāhui ako is a community of learning like no other: four really diverse schools and 10 early childhood education centres, located in and around the central city!
- Numbers: our kāhui has 600 children enrolled in early childhood education, 700 at primary level and 1500 students at secondary level: a total of 2800 learners.
- Our ECEs are Beststart Parkside, Beststart Salisbury St, Active Explorers Central City, AuPair Link, Ara Early Learning Centre, Co Kids, Grow, ECE, Millie’s House, Hagley Preschool, Rangi Ruru Preschool
- Our kura are Ao Tawhiti, Christchurch East School, Te Pā o Rākaihautū, Hagley College.
- Start date: we are one of the last kāhui to be formed: we started at the beginning of 2020
- Our kāhui in-school teachers from Hagley are Sarah Parder, Jo Eaton, Angela Brett, Rebecca Donaldson, Lesley Cowie, Dale Leckie, Naomi Milner
- Across-school teachers from Hagley are our ECE expert Jocelyn Wright, Nathan Walsh, Jasmine Lambert
What’s our focus this year?
As all of us meet the challenges of Covid 19, it’s vital that our kāhui’s priority is focusing on our own institutions and reconnecting our students, our staff and our communities with each other, with their schools and with learning. In our first e-letter, you’ll read about the first projects we have underway to do this.
Our achievement challenges:
- Wellbeing: happy, safe and responsible akonga who are positive and have a strong sense of identity and belonging in Aotearoa.
- Future focused education: communities working collaboratively to contribute to our inner city environment and surrounding areas.
- Pathways: ākonga and whānau who successfully transition into our educational settings, within them and beyond them.