Staying safe at school during Level 1
Under Level 1, we’re asking everyone – staff, students, our school whānau and community – to be responsible for safe hygiene practices at school. We all need to see safety as a package of practices, not just one thing.
The first practice is about safe attendance: only students and staff who are well should be at Hagley. We’ll be monitoring this closely at the beginning of the school day and at the start of classes.
The practices during the school day we’re continuing to ask everyone to use are:
- using hand sanitiser and wipes regularly throughout the school day, particularly when finishing with shared equipment, or when entering or leaving a classroom.
- following other good hygiene practices (coughing into your elbow, handwashing for at least 20 seconds and drying)
- using contactless greetings such as a smile and a wave.
- staying out of the ‘breath zone’ of others both during class time and breaks.
Hagley will continue to be doing a lot as well to support what everyone’s doing individually. Extra cleaning is happening during the school day to clean toilets and other shared spaces, including table surfaces, hand rails and door handles. Contact tracing will be available via our school attendance system for students and staff, should the need arise.
- All visitors to the school must sign in at reception and scan in via the COVID Tracer QR code posters prominently displayed.