Looking After Students
Hagley College is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for our students to succeed.
Our goal is to enhance students’ sense of wellbeing so that they flourish at and beyond Hagley College
How we do that:
- We promote Hagley as a place where students feel comfortable and a sense of belonging
- We have a Wellbeing team of Tutors, Deans, a Director of the Junior College and Year 11 led by a Deputy Principal – Student Wellbeing who ensure every student is supported and cared for
- Our teaching staff use positive strategies to encourage students to achieve success in learning.
- We operate open lines of communication between the College and our parents
- We promote the school values of respect, personal responsibility, trust and integrity.
- We provide a guidance service to meet the individual needs of students seeking more wellbeing support. This may be individual consultations or group work.
- We provide a careers service for all students, when considering their future. This can include support preparing a CV, experiencing a short vocational course or job seeking techniques.
- We actively seek student voice around wellbeing and act on this data.
- We continue to link with agencies that can offer additional support to our students and their families.
Student Wellbeing Team
Our Student Wellbeing Team, led by Deputy Principal, Rowan Milburn consists of Counsellors, Deans, Tutors and more. These people are all here to help you along the way at Hagley. If you have any issues during your time here at Hagley, you are more than welcome to speak to one of these people…
Deputy Principal: Student Wellbeingrowan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowan leads our student wellbeing team. She leads our staff in shaping how our students engage with learning, with each other and with our teachers. Rowan directs our school calendar, events, day to day student operations, as well as promotes opportunities for student participation and leadership.
Head of Junior College and Year email@example.com
Suzanne has been the Director of the Junior College for over twenty years and of Year 11 for 5 years. She has taught at Hagley since 1988 and is in charge of the pastoral care and discipline for all Yr 9, 10 and 11 students.
Head of Guidancemichael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hagley College’s new Head of Guidance comes to us with a wealth of experience in education, both as an English teacher and more recently as a counsellor. Michael welcomes students to come over to Simpson House and meet the team.
Leanne brings a wealth of experience to our wellbeing team. She works both with small targeted groups to enhance wellbeing as well as with individual students. You can find Leanne in Simpson House.
Year 13 Deantina.email@example.com
Tina can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Tina or you can approach her yourself.
Year 12 Deanjenny.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny can work to support you and help you overcome any barriers affecting your learning. Your tutor may refer you to Jenny or you can approach her yourself.
Year 11 Deannatalie.email@example.com
Natalie can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Natalie or you can approach her yourself.
Year 9 Deanangela.firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Angela or you can approach her yourself.
Year 10 Deananna.email@example.com
Anna can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Anna or you can approach her yourself.
Donna is our Deans Assistant. She is located in the Dean's office but you will see Donna's bright and bubbly face around the College. Donna can assist you with making appointments with your year level Dean.
Illa is the friendly face behind the reception desk when you enter Simpson House. She will make an appointment with the counsellor, supervise time out spaces or just be there for students for a chat. Illa also manages the College attendance process which involves notifying caregivers, promoting and rewarding positive attendance and developing strategies for non attendance.
Anne is our school Nurse, she is located in the Health Centre on the ground floor of the main block. The Health Centre provides a service for accidents, injuries or illness while at College.