Looking After Students
Hagley College is dedicated to providing a supportive, rigorous and optimistic learning environment in which:
- Students and teachers are learning as a partnership.
- Teachers use positive strategies to encourage students to achieve success in learning.
- The Learning Support team provides support for individuals and small groups with specific needs.
- Classroom teachers are highly aware of the needs of individual students in their classroom teaching.
- The College nurtures student well-being to ensure students remain in education and are given every chance to succeed.
- An effective and efficient guidance service exists to meet the needs of individual students and groups of students.
- A safe physical and emotional environment for students has been established.
- Effective communication with parents and caregivers operates.
- Guidance is the area of career pathways for all students from Years 11-14 is offered.
- The medical care of students is met through the provision of a Health Centre staffed by a trained nurse.
- A pastoral care team of tutors, deans and Heads’ of School ensure every student is supported and cared for.
New Child Protection Policy
We are consulting our Hagley community on our Child Protection Policy. Any feedback is welcomed and to email email@example.com
Student Wellbeing Team
Our Student Wellbeing Team, led by Deputy Principal, Rowan Milburn consists of Counsellors, Deans, Tutors and more. These people are all here to help you along the way at Hagley. If you have any issues during your time here at Hagley, you are more than welcome to speak to one of these people…
Deputy Principal: Student Wellbeingrowan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowan leads our student wellbeing team. She leads our staff in shaping how our students engage with learning, with each other and with our teachers. Rowan directs our school calendar, events, day to day student operations, as well as promotes opportunities for student participation and leadership.
Head of Junior College and Year email@example.com
Suzanne has been the Director of the Junior College for over twenty years and of Year 11 for 5 years. She has taught at Hagley since 1988 and is in charge of the pastoral care and discipline for all Yr 9, 10 and 11 students.
Glenn is one of the school Counsellors, if you have worries about any issues facing you go to Simpson House between H2 and O Blocks and see Glenyse or Glenn.
Leanne brings a wealth of experience to our wellbeing team. She works both with small targeted groups to enhance wellbeing as well as with individual students. You can find Leanne in Simpson House.
Year 13 Deantina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Tina or you can approach her yourself.
Year 12 Deanjenny.email@example.com
Jenny can work to support you and help you overcome any barriers affecting your learning. Your tutor may refer you to Jenny or you can approach her yourself.
Year 11 Deannatalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Natalie or you can approach her yourself.
Year 9 Deanangela.email@example.com
Angela can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Angela or you can approach her yourself.
Year 10 Deananna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna can work with you to help you overcome problems relating to your progress at Hagley. Your tutor may refer you to Anna or you can approach her yourself.
Donna is our Deans Assistant. She is located in the Dean's office but you will see Donna's bright and bubbly face around the College. Donna can assist you with making appointments with your year level Dean.
Illa is the friendly face behind the reception desk when you enter Simpson House. She will make an appointment with the counsellor, supervise time out spaces or just be there for students for a chat. Illa also manages the College attendance process which involves notifying caregivers, promoting and rewarding positive attendance and developing strategies for non attendance.
Anne is our school Nurse, she is located in the Health Centre on the ground floor of the main block. The Health Centre provides a service for accidents, injuries or illness while at College.