Start First Year Engineering/ Product Design
Take the fast path into Engineering and Product Design degrees at the University of Canterbury.It’s a three-stage path. Courses offer blended learning, with part-time and flexible options in stages 1-2. You’ll receive appropriate course advice based on your performance at each stage.
STARTS 21 JULY at University Canterbury in Semester 1 2021
ELIGIBILITY: Those aged 20+ considering a change in career, perhaps as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
Click here to download the brochure.
Hagley College After 3 programme
• Level 2 NCEA Physics and Mathematics integrated course
• Level 2 NCEA Maths [recommended to build the maths depth needed for success in UC Engineering].
Both courses delivered by Hagley College staff.
• You’ll be offered the opportunity to visit UC and be introduced to Product Design and Engineering people and spaces.
• Level 1 NCEA Math
• Algebra fundamentals req (eg: AS91027)
Stage 1 Date
July – mid Nov ‘20
Maths and Physics Integrated: starts Wednesday 22 July 5pm to 9pm face-to-face delivery, with two additional hours of online learning.
Concludes 11 November
Maths: starts Tuesday 21 July 6pm to 9pm face-to-face delivery, one additional tutoring hour.
Concludes 10 November
Physics NCEA exam: 16 November
Maths NCEA exam: 19 November
NCEA Level 2
CUP [Certificate of University Preparation] programme
• A choice of pre-degree courses in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry available in summer school 2021.
• Delivered by UC Transitions Programmes on the UC campus or by distance learning (full-time or part-time options will depend on your competencies). You’ll receive a blended experience of online and face-to-face delivery.
Stage 2 Date
4 Jan – 12 Feb ‘21
UC Transition Programmes: CUP
TRNS017 Maths with Calculus
TRNS008 Fundamentals of Physics
TRNS008 Fundamentals of Physics
TRNS006 Chemistry: An introduction
to atoms, bonding, and reactions
First Year Engineering or Product Design
• Student advisers in the College of Engineering at UC will design customised first year course of study based on your Stage 1 and 2 performance and your future aspirations. There are 9 engineering and 3 product design disciplines to choose from.
• Delivered by UC College of Engineering. This will be the start of your full-time degree study.
• Work experience will be taken into account.
Stage 3 Date
22 Feb – Dec ‘21
UC College of Engineering
BE (Hons) 1st Year
BProdDesign 1st Year
Degree: Year 1
• Support: advice and guidance from early on in your pathway about your study options and the demands and expectations, particularly in Mathematics.
• Skill development: during stage 1 and 2, you’ll be encouraged to develop study habits and strategies for success at degree level.
• Grow an established network of fellow students through the cohort progressing together.
• Throughout the stages of the pathway you’ll be introduced to, and become increasingly familiar with, UC Campus and people.
For more information click here for UC
To Enrol Contact
UC Pathways Team
email@example.com | Joanna Leahy 03 369 3350
Hagley Tertiary Transitions Programme
firstname.lastname@example.org | 03 3793 090