Start First Year Engineering/ Product Design
Take the fast path into Engineering and Product Design degrees at the University of Canterbury. It’s a three-stage path. Hagley offers stage 1 - Maths and Physics Integrated from June to November. You must have prior approval to enrol in this course. Please see contact details below.
STARTS 23 June 2021
ELIGIBILITY: Those aged 20+ considering a change in career, perhaps as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
Click here to download the brochure.
Hagley College After 3 programme
- Pre-UC Physics and Mathematics integrated course
- Pre-UC Mathematics course [to build further competence in mathematics required for UC engineering]
- Visits to UC to be introduced to teachers from the Stage 2 CUP programme.
- A blended experience of online and face-to-face delivery
• Level 1 NCEA Math
• Algebra fundamentals
Stage 1 Date
23 June – 3 Nov ‘21
Mathematics and Physics integrated class: Commencing Wednesday 23rd June with in person delivery from 5pm – 9pm. Two additional hours of online learning. Concludes 3rd November – 19 Weeks total
Mathematics Course: Commencing Tuesday 22nd June with in person delivery from 6pm – 9 pm. Concludes 2nd November – 19 Weeks total
Pre-UC Physics: 20 October ‘21
Pre-UC Mathematics: 27 October ‘21
CUP [Certificate of University Preparation] programme
- A preparatory mathematics course, TRNS007, for solidifying key skills offered in summer school 2021
- Two pre-degree courses, TRNS017 & TRNS008, for preparing for the content at degree level in summer school 2022
- A blended experience of online and face-to-face delivery.
Stage 2 Date
8 Nov ’21 – 12 Feb ’22
Advance your mathematics to prepare yourself for the problems of the physical world.
UC Transition Programme: CUP
8 Nov – 19 Dec ’21
TRNS007 Preparatory Mathematics
4 Jan – 14 Feb ’21
TRNS017 Mathematics with Calculus
TRNS008 Fundamentals of Physics
TRNS008 Fundamentals of Physics
TRNS006 Chemistry: An introduction
to atoms, bonding, and reactions
Use the Physics and Mathematics skills you have learned to begin your journey into Engineering or Product Design.
First Year Engineering or Product Design
• Student advisers in the College of Engineering at UC will design customised first year course of study based on your Stage 1 and 2 performance and your future aspirations. There are 9 engineering and 3 product design disciplines to choose from.
• Delivered by UC College of Engineering. This will be the start of your full-time degree study.
• Work experience will be taken into account.
Stage 3 Date
22 Feb – Dec ‘21
UC College of Engineering
BE (Hons) 1st Year
BProdDesign 1st Year
Bachelor’s Degree 1st Year
• Support: advice and guidance from early on in your pathway about your study options and the demands and expectations, particularly in Mathematics.
• Skill development: during stage 1 and 2, you’ll be encouraged to develop study habits and strategies for success at degree level.
• Grow an established network of fellow students through the cohort progressing together.
• Throughout the stages of the pathway you’ll be introduced to, and become increasingly familiar with, UC Campus and people.
For more information click here for UC
To Enrol Contact
UC Pathways Team
firstname.lastname@example.org | Joanna Leahy 03 369 3350
Hagley Tertiary Transitions Programme
email@example.com | 03 3793 090