Year 10 and 11 Enrolments
Applications closed for Year 10 & 11 on Friday 27th September. Still interested? Register by completing the 'expression of interest form' and we will let you know if places become available for 2020.
We may have a limited number of places available for new students in Year 10 and 11 in 2020. If you are interested in applying for Year 10 or 11 in 2020, please contact the Enrolment Centre with your name and contact details, and we will send you an application pack nearer the end of Term 3, should there be places available. If places become available for 2020, we will contact you and invite you to apply towards the end of term 3.
Please note that we will not know how many places are available until approximately September. We will advertise the number of places available in Year 10 and Year 11 2020 at that time.
Please note our enrolment process. Based on current interest, it is very likely we will need to run a ballot for places in Years 10 and 11 in 2020. We are a designated character school. To be eligible, a student must meet the criteria below. If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of available places, then applicants will be balloted and the allocation of places will be in ballot order.
Designated character criteria:
Each student will:
- a) Demonstrate a commitment to Hagley’s values of trust, respect, integrity and personal responsibility
- b) Demonstrate a willingness to engage in Hagley’s culture and environment of being adaptable, flexible and working collaboratively
- c) Give the College confidence that they can be supported and that the College can make a difference to their learning
- d) Identify and agree with the College that there is a programme of learning that meets their learning needs
- e) Be offered a place in an agreed programme of learning only if there is space available in that programme of learning.
If there are more eligible applicants than available places, then all applicants will be selected for enrolment according to the following priorities
(a) First priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
(b) Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
(c) Third priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
(d) Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the Board of the school or a child of a member of the Board of the school.
(e) Fifth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available places in any one priority group, then applicants will be balloted and allocation of places will be in ballot order.
Numbers at each Year Level
As required under our Designated Character Enrolment Scheme, the Board of Trustees has set the student places available for 2020:
- Year 10 125 maximum roll [including re-enrolling students from 2019]
- Year 11 125 maximum roll [including re-enrolling students from 2019]