Junior College Enrolments
Junior College Enrolments for 2019 have now closed. At this stage, there will be no further enrolment periods available for 2019.
If you would like to express your interest or for any further information, please contact Lisa Amer on 379 3090 ext 884 or email@example.com.
1. Please contact Lisa, our Junior College Administrator, on 379 3090 ext 884 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an enrolment pack and this will be emailed or posted out to you.
2. Completed enrolment forms can be posted to Junior College Enrolments PO Box 3084 Christchurch 8140, dropped in, or emailed to Lisa.
We also ask you to provide us with some other information:
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport
- Their most recent school report
- An attendance print-out from their current school (year to date)
- A statement supporting your application written by another person (this could be from a sports coach, church group leader, family friend, teacher, etc and is helpful in determining if the student meets our Designated Character School Criteria).
Providing these documents will strengthen your application. If you are having trouble getting hold of some of these and you want to get your enrolment in ASAP, don’t panic! We are happy to take your completed enrolment form and receive the rest of the requested documents at a slightly later date.
3. We will contact you about the next step in your enrolment. This will include a pre-entrance assessment as well as an interview where you will have a chance to discuss your child’s learning and for us to get to know one another ahead of next year.
4. You will receive a letter confirming if you have been accepted. We will ask you to return an acceptance slip so we know you are definitely coming to Hagley next year!
5. If you have been accepted into the Junior College we hold an Orientation in November for all new Year 9 students and their parents/caregivers. You will meet your form tutor and classmates, and learn about the Junior College ready for next year.
CLASS SET UP:
5 x Mainstream classes
- Approx 25 students per class
1 x Junior Targeted Learning class for significant learning/intellectual needs, homeroom style class for students aged 13-16 years (16-18 students max).
There are a maximum of 125 places available in Year 9 for 2019.
Places are extremely limited for special/learning support programmes, including Junior Targeted Learning.
We recommend applying as soon as possible.
Please be aware, there may be no Year 10 places available for 2019.