Are you aiming for Engineering at the University of Canterbury? If the answer is yes, then UC@Hagley’s Pre-Engineering School is for you.
The focus of the school is to study the subjects you require for entry to UC’s Engineering Intermediate year.
You’ll also immerse yourself in project based learning, where you’ll apply the learning from these core subjects in an engineering context. You’ll also learn about academic writing as applied to engineering.
UC@hagley’s pre-engineering school will give you the opportunity to:
- Bring together your learning in the Sciences to complete engineering project work.
- Build the skills that you’ll need to apply for entry into Engineering Intermediate at UC.
- Learn to think creatively and analytically, combining your science and maths learning to solve problems.
- Be mentored by subject experts.
- Gain University Entrance.
- Gain 14+ credits in NCEA Level 3 Physics and Calculus and Chemistry.
- Gain credits in a fourth subject (e.g Computer Science/ Statistics/ an English rich subject).
- Gain UE Literacy (if necessary).
- UC has a selection process into the first professional year at engineering based on the Intermediate year grades.