Level 2 Directions
Are you interested in preparing for your life after school? Do you want to work with exciting ideas across a range of topics while you engage in this preparation?
Wherever your interest lies, whether it be with sciences, the arts or technology, this course will help you towards your chosen pathway or help you find it. You will gain NCEA Level 2 credits in learning and social skills, which will help you to achieve success at school, at work and in life. You will learn how to solve problems in a fun and interactive way, and you will be given strategies to help you to work independently as well as in different groups.
This programme also offers you regular field trips outside the classroom to widen your knowledge, as well as increase your appreciation and enjoyment of the community and the world around you.
You will emerge from this course with essential skills that will equip you for future vocational training or the workplace.
- Understand your personal strengths and learning style
- Learn about time, memory and stress management techniques
- Discover wellness techniques, listening, note-taking and planning skills
- Learn to manage your own learning
- Prepare a Curriculum Vitae
- Learn about the people of New Zealand, and your place in it
- Identify support services and resources within the community
- Produce your own learning plan