We believe that school buildings should inspire learning and at Hagley we are achieving this by providing the most up-to-date learning spaces and facilities.
- Classrooms are architecturally designed and provide a comfortable and usable working environment for staff and students. Classrooms are comprised of small group table setting, carpeted and equipped with resources such as televisions, video/DVD players and computers.
- A creatively designed and cutting edge Student Centre is available. It contains a large cafe, a leading technology library, a self-accessing computer study classroom and a careers work centre.
- Xtreme Technologies is a state-of-the-art facility for film, television, graphic design and animation.
- The Writers’ Block is the home for the College’s writing programme and Literacy Support teachers. Two classrooms and a computer /suite also provide an important base for developing literacies within English programmes. This is the first of its kind in New Zealand.
- The Open Stage is the College’s on-site theatre for the performing arts. It accommodates the Hagley Theatre Company and is available for drama, dance and musical performances from the students in the College.
- A new Science facility was built in 2001. It contains seven specialist laboratories for Science, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and is recognised as a leading example of innovative design.