Junior College Enrolments
Junior College Enrolments for 2019 open on 8th May 2018 and close on 29th June.
If you would like to request an enrolment pack or for any further information, please contact Lisa Amer on 379 3090 ext 884 or email@example.com.
Our Junior College Open Evening is happening on Tuesday 8th May 2018 in the Hagley College Cafeteria (corner of Hagley Ave and St Asaph Street). Due to demand we are running two sessions at 4.30pm and 5.30pm. Please arrive for either a 4.30pm start or 5.30pm start.
1. Please contact Lisa, our Junior College Administrator, on 379 3090 ext 884 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an enrolment pack and this will be sent out to you as soon as it is available.
2. Completed enrolment forms can be posted to Junior College Enrolments PO Box 3084 Christchurch 8140, dropped in, or emailed to Lisa.
We also ask you to provide us with some other information:
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport
- Their most recent school report
- An attendance print-out from their current school (year to date)
- A statement supporting your application written by another person (this could be from a sports coach, church group leader, family friend, teacher, etc and is helpful in determining if the student meets our Designated Character School Criteria).
Providing these documents will strengthen your application. If you are having trouble getting hold of some of these and you want to get your enrolment in ASAP, don’t panic! We are happy to take your completed enrolment form and receive the rest of the requested documents at a slightly later date.
3. We will contact you about the next step in your enrolment. This will include an interview with our Director of Junior College or Year 9 Dean where you will have a chance to discuss your child’s learning and for us to get to know one another ahead of next year. Diagnostic assessments will occur as part of this process too.
4. You will receive a letter confirming if you have been accepted. We will ask you to return an acceptance slip so we know you are definitely coming to Hagley next year!
5. If you have been accepted into the Junior College we hold an Orientation in November for all new Year 9 students and their parents/caregivers. You will meet your form tutor and classmates, and learn about the Junior College ready for next year.
CLASS SET UP:
5 x Mainstream classes
- Approx 25 students per class
1 x Junior Targeted Learning class for significant learning/intellectual needs, homeroom style class for students aged 13-16 years (16-18 students max).
There are a maximum of 125 places available in Year 9 for 2019.
Places are extremely limited for special/learning support programmes, including Junior Targeted Learning.
We recommend applying as soon as possible.
Please be aware, there may be no Year 10 places available for 2019.